Good bridge results in online and country competition
Brisbane Water Bridge Club members reported good results in the Coffs Harbour Online Swiss Pairs Congress in May
Chris Hasemore and partner were fifth in the Open Section.
Steve Calcroft and Roy Cotton were first in the Restricted Section.
In the NSW Country Mixed Pairs, five of the club's nominee pairs made it it through day one to the finals.
They were Sally Clarke and Garry Clarke in second place, Felicity Fane and Matt Raj Mal in third place, Dasha Brandt and David Bowerman in fifth place, Alan Bustany and Jan Clarke in sixth place, and Barry Foster and Henrietta Hohnen eighth place.
In the club's Winter Teams competition, the results after four of four matches were:
1. Jaan Oitmaa, Sylvia Foster, Lorraine Lindsay, Deborah Guthrie 77 Imps, 59.36 VPs, 3 wins - 0 draws - 1 loss, 0.48 Red points.
2. Noel Crockett, Shirley Crockett, Ian Mckinnon, Virginia Dressler 53, 56.26, 3-0-1, 0.48.
3. David Snow, Martin Johnson, Hope Tomlinson, Karen Ody 16, 46.10, 3-0-1, 0.48.
4. Beryl Lowry, John Aldersley, Dasha Brandt, David Bowerman 10, 44.65, 3-0-1, 0.48.
5. Kathryn Ivits, Alma Van Der Walt, Trish Byrnes, Jurate Laisve 5, 41.05, 1-0-3, 0.16.
6. Marie Purkiss, Diane Nichols, Henrietta Hohnen, Elizabeth Lawrence -4, 38.44, 2-0-2, 0.32.
7. Felicity Fane, Heather Brown, Elaine Hume, Peter Hume -14, 35.26, 2-0-2, 0.32.
8. Susan Mccall, Pamela Joseph, Robyn Scahill, Judy Wulff -36, 33.37, 2-0-2, 0.32.
9. Blair Glass, Ian Newton, Helve Beale, Linda Cunningham -24, 30.85, 1-0-3, 0.16.
10. Meg Mcgregor, John Jensen, Lynne Rainford, Hilary Owen -83, 14.66, 0-0-4.
Website, 10 Jun 2021
Brisbane Water Bridge Club